Jobs, Internships, Volunteers
Bookkeeper – Branch Office Support
The Bookkeeper – Branch Office Support works closely and reports direct to the ESU's Manager - Finance, to oversee the finances of the organization's branch offices. The successful candidate must be an articulate, well-organized, motivated self-starter with exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and fluency in QuickBooks. They must have a professional office presence and strong communication skills to support branch relationships.
- Create and maintain an orderly accounting filing system and chart of accounts for the ESU's Branches in collaboration with the Manage - Finance;
- Conduct monthly review and reconciliation of all bank and investment accounts;
- Review monthly financial transactions and flag items that require audit documentation;
- Communicate with branches on monthly activity on any questions, documentation, audit concerns;
- Conduct quarterly roll-up analysis including Trial Balances.
- Administration of the annual branches, LLC audit and 990 tax return preparation;
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit and 990 tax return preparation for the branches;
- Monitor and ensure that branch offices comply with state LLC filing requirements
- Organizing regular training sessions for branch offices in order to efficiently communicate key compliance changes and updates
- Develops and maintains branch training aids, including training handbooks, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Other related projects as determined by the Manager – Finance.
- Requires a minimum of five years accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and financial report generation.
- Requires a minimum of five years QuickBooks experience, preferably in non-profit software.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, financial materials both verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be able to keep matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Must be willing to ask questions when needed.
- Must have the ability to perform several tasks concurrently with professionalism, and a sense of humor as needed.
- Proven knowledge of best practices with regard to bookkeeping and accounting including GAAP and FASB.
- Experience importing into and exporting from QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit organizations and their special financial needs, including reporting and record keeping helpful.
To be considered an applicant, send an email with "Bookkeeper - Branch Office Support" in the subject line along with a cover letter expressing your interest and credentials for the position and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls. No recruiters.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at The English-Speaking Union of the United States (ESU). ESU is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.